Heritage Guide to The Geelong College

Search the Guide

To find information in this Guide please select one of the green coloured options.

To Select a Page Group when displayed, right click and select 'Open'.

Copyright Conditions Apply.



These iron gates and accompanying brickwork were donated to the School by John George Simpson (1916-1997), then a member of the Honour Form VI, for installation at the Aphrasia St entrance of the original Preparatory School in 1934.

They were removed in 1980 as part of the Austin Gray Centre development and re-erected at the corner of Aphrasia St and Talbot St on the north eastern corner of the Senior School near the College Chapel in 1982. The Rankin Memorial Gates previously at this site were re-located to the current location in Talbot St.

Sources: Pegasus June 1934 pp 4, 6.
© The Geelong College. Unless otherwise attributed, The Geelong College asserts its creative and commercial rights over all images and text used in this publication. No images or text material may be copied, reproduced or published without the written authorisation of The College.