Heritage Guide to The Geelong College

Search the Guide

To find information in this Guide please select one of the green coloured options.

To Select a Page Group when displayed, right click and select 'Open'.

Copyright Conditions Apply.

HUDSON, Philip Burgoyne (1887-1952)

HUDSON, Philip Burgoyne (1887-1952)

Phillip Hudson was the architect for the Refectory Block; the South and West Wings, including the Cloister area; the House of Music and Mackie House at the Senior School campus. He was first mentioned at a Council Meeting as the architect on 23 November 1927. In March 1928 following the submission of plans for additions to the College, Hudson and Wardrop were appointed as the College Architects.

Phillip Hudson also acted as the official architect to Brighton Grammar School from 1925 to 1948 and was involved in a range of prominent design and building projects including the Australian War Memorial and Melbourne's Shrine of Remembrance. He was also a resident of Brighton and Director of the Brighton Gas Company whose original, historically protected, Head Office at 265 New St and now used by Brighton Grammar School, he probably also designed in about 1927.
© The Geelong College. Unless otherwise attributed, The Geelong College asserts its creative and commercial rights over all images and text used in this publication. No images or text material may be copied, reproduced or published without the written authorisation of The College.