Heritage Guide to The Geelong College

Search the Guide

To find information in this Guide please select one of the green coloured options.

To Select a Page Group when displayed, right click and select 'Open'.

Copyright Conditions Apply.



Davey House at 150 Noble Street was named in honour of 'Des' Davey OAM (1920-2008), Vice-Principal from 1958 to 1971 and Deputy Principal from 1972 to 1973. Formerly the Principal’s residence, Davey House now houses administrative offices. It was named as such in 1995.

Davey House was designed by McGlashan Everist Architects and built as a home for Principal, Peter Thwaites and his family in the late 1960s. At the time, Davey House represented innovative domestic architecture. The two storey house features a void and full length glass to create a dramatic north facing room, originally as a living room, but now as an entrance foyer. Portraits of Des Davey and Ken Doery hang in Davey House.

Sources: Ad Astra December 1995 p 5.
© The Geelong College. Unless otherwise attributed, The Geelong College asserts its creative and commercial rights over all images and text used in this publication. No images or text material may be copied, reproduced or published without the written authorisation of The College.